We are sorry to hear that! A transaction decline indicates that the customer’s bank has refused the transaction request. Sometimes you can tell why it was declined by reading the response code, but only your bank can confirm the specific reason. Below are some of the common reasons for the declines:
1. Do Not Honor: The customer's bank is unwilling to accept the transaction.
- Please contact the bank for more details regarding this generic decline.
2. Insufficient Funds: The account did not have sufficient funds to cover the transaction amount at the time of the transaction.
- Please make sure there are sufficient funds in the account before retrying again.
3. Limit Exceeded: The attempted purchase exceeds the withdrawal limit of the account.
- Please contact the bank to change the account limits or use a different payment method.
4. Card Issuer Declined CVV: The customer entered in an invalid security code or made a typo in their card information.
- Please try again – if the decline persists, please contact the bank.
5. Invalid Transaction: The customer’s bank declined the transaction, typically because the card in question does not support this type of transaction.
- Please contact the bank for more information.